By The United States Department of Agriculture Contributors
Read Online or Download A River of Recipes - Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods PDF
Similar special diet books
From tasty appetizers to delicious cakes, the a hundred dishes during this health-conscious cookbook have been created through an authoritative group produced from a television nutrients express host, a certified chef, and a registered dietitian. every one recipe good points tempting Latin flavors and an attractive blend of elements and spices, in addition to thoughts for the prevention or keep watch over of specific illnesses and prerequisites, resembling melanoma, diabetes, or cardiovascular matters.
Jam-packed with scrumptious recipes, purchasing, cooking, and baking advice, in addition to philosophy, trivialities, and funny observations in regards to the more and more renowned yet often misunderstood vegan way of life, All American Vegan has whatever for everybody. Aspiring vegans will locate sensible down-to-earth suggestion approximately making the transition to a vegan vitamin as handy and easy as attainable.
The 1st and simply vegan party cookbook out there it truly is something to prepare dinner vegan for your self, yet what approximately web hosting events and vacation get-togethers for family and friends? social gathering Vegan has you coated with greater than one hundred forty delicious animal-free recipes for events of each variety. no matter if you are webhosting a kid's birthday or a worldly cocktail celebration, you can find many vegan strategies that even omnivorous visitors will love.
- Around the World in 80 Purees: Easy Recipes for Global Baby Food
- Controlling Cholesterol For Dummies
- Student Veggie Grub (Summersdale cookery)
- Food Additives and Hyperactive Children
- You Won't Believe It's Salt-Free: 125 Healthy Low-Sodium and No-Sodium Recipes Using Flavorful Spice Blends
- Eat Smarter! Smoothies and Sides
Additional resources for A River of Recipes - Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods
Mix bread cubes, cheese, and 2 tablespoons melted margarine. 3. Spread half the mixture in greased 1 quart casserole dish and top with peas. 4. Cook onion in 3 tablespoons margarine until onion is tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. 5. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbly. 6. Remove from heat, add milk and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. 7. Stir in meat and pour over peas. 8. Arrange tomato slices on top and sprinkle with remaining bread mixture.
2. Combine all ingredients. Pour into a buttered 2 quart baking dish. 3. Bake uncovered at 300ºF for 30 minutes. 4. Stir to mix rice. Return to oven and bake for 1 to 1½ hours longer. Variations: Add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and/or ½ cup raisins. 5 g Total Carbohydrate 22 g Vitamin A Saturated fat 2 g Dietary Fiber <1 g Vitamin C Recipe provided by USDA, FNS, Boise, ID This recipe has not been tested or standardized by the USDA. 13 7 100 0 g g RE mg Calcium Iron 120 0 mg mg Blueberries N’ Cheese Pie Serves about 10 Prepared graham cracker crust 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon instant non-fat dry milk + ¼ cup water (or ¼ cup non-fat milk) 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling fat-free whipped topping 1.
4. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hours. ) Skim fat if necessary. 5. Stir potatoes, carrots, and celery into soup. 6. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. 7. Stir in 1 to 2 cups milk or water for thinner consistency. Nutrition Information for each serving: Calories 310 Kcal Cholesterol 30 mg Sugar Calories from fat 60 Kcal Sodium 910 mg Protein Total fat 7 g Total Carbohydrate 43 g Vitamin A Saturated fat 2 g Dietary Fiber 12 g Vitamin C Recipe provided by Brenda Oyloe, Trenton Indian Service Area, Trenton, ND This recipe has not been tested or standardized by the USDA.